Parents are told over and over again that it is important to read aloud to children. But why is reading aloud so important? How do children benefit from reading aloud sessions with a parent? The effects may surprise you! Reading aloud...
- Increases your child’s vocabulary and language development.
- Allows your child to develop empathy for other people.
- Increases your child’s concentration and ability to focus on a single task.
- Allows your child to develop creativity and imagination
- Increases your child’s curiosity and memory
- Creates a positive association with reading and learning
- Creates a parent-child bond like no other
Start a weekend reading list tradition with your children today to bring these benefits to your child!